look for less: pop of color
A little color goes a long way.
My pop of color in this room involved changing up the ottoman! This raspberry color goes so well with the royal blue sofa. I swoon! To tie in the ottoman, I thought mixing it in subtly through accessories (such as those dip dyed candles) was just enough to make it work! In this situation, I changed up the look of the chairs to fit the scale of the sofa better. The leggy end table pulls the mid century vibe together and helps keep the room light and airy. A Beautiful Mess shared a great DIY on how to make your own art to replicate the works above the sofa. Check it out here! I'll move right in, thank you very much!
(Clockwise from top left)
- Sofa: Urban Outfitters, Kristy Sleeper Sofa, $749
- Pillow Cover: IKEA, Lappljung Ruta, $10
- Faux Sheepskin: Overstock, Handmade Faux Sheepskin Black Acrylic Rug, $30
- Floor Lamp: Target, Jumbo Architect Lamp, $100
- Wire Floor Chairs: Overstock, Set of 2 Avery Mid-Century Wire Chairs, $200
- Wooden Tray: Target, Nate Berkus Wood Resin Tray, $25
- Side Table: Lamps Plus, Styx Black Accent Round Wood Side Table, $80
- Dipped Candlesticks: Amsterdam, Coloured Dip Dye Candles, $15
- Ottoman: Urban Outfitters, Large Storage Ottoman, $249
If I had to choose a new sofa today, it would look exactly like this one. Blue velour. I've been toying with the idea of reupholstering our sofa for the past few months, but the cost is just too much to take on before the wedding.
Through searching for fabrics and inspiration photos, Brandon and I found that purchasing a newly upholstered sofa wouldn't break the bank! We just need enough space for an additional sofa - ha! When I came across this photo, I fell in love! Though I love the simplicity of black, white, and blue, I loved the idea of adding a bit more color to the room. I was excited to share this look (with a twist) for less!